With the release of general developer unbricking coming soon, I’ve started to prepare packages for many apps. From here on out, all of my packages will be released as ipk’s with a shell script installer. I’ve finished Abiword, including a script to modify er_registry, to allow you to open Microsoft Word documents directly from the contentlister. I’m working on Gnumeric now, and will update the FBReader package with the registry hack as well.
Pretty soon, anyone with the developer package and unbricking support will be able to open almost any document they’d like on the iLiad. These are going to be some pretty exciting times.